10/15/09

My company proved my dad wrong

So they hired my long-time acquaintance, into my dept and a better shift. That kind of stings. I forwarded her resume to HR when she asked me to.. what was I to do, thwart her job search? She got discouraged because they hadn't contacted her. I told her they were exceptionally busy, and then I heard they hired temp workers, who I found out yday are only here for 2 weeks, she thought she would start applying for "shit jobs." But they saw her yday and offered today. This sounds bad, but I've the right to be bitter after a year deprived of a social life: my consolation is that she is making less than me and still is there til 8pm. I aim to get a 9-5 job where I can go on dinner dates if I want to. Speaking of men, what is with unattractive older guys msging me on meetup.com? I rsvped "Yes" to the champagne (free! supposedly) reggae event my night off. I was going to go to Cville to spend time with my laid-off friend, but she wants to apply to jobs, which I need to do, too, so it works out! Only two weeks til my trip.. I have to plan more. Can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I applied to that job. I will be happy if I apply to one more and follow up on current one before I go.
The title refers to my dad's theory they wouldn't hire C (acquaintance) b/c she stated 2x in interview that she did not want to work 4-midnight shift (mine). He thought this showed the employer she was picky.
Don't know when she starts training (which will be a 3 week thing). I'm not sure I want to work with her around.. maybe they'll put her on the other partition.
So yeah, that's rather a bummer, but should motivate me to get out of there faster. I thought that about the last hire but she turns out to be nice and friendly. Still..

No comments: