So it's not yet confirmed but my coworker saw a paper on the work printer that said I will be working 8-4pm starting April 25! This is what I've wanted for so long! This is SUCH a great way to go to Lburg. I felt a little blue to think I would see profs and friends again and not be able to say any progress on my job search. It's not optimal (same job) but considerable improvement. Then I thought how things will change. I will actually eat dinner with my family although they don't really eat together anymore b/c my Dad comes home late :/. I can take my sister to work. Yes, it's unfortunate she's about to graduate and still doesn't have her license but my parents don't have as much money now, and she hasn't shown responsibility. How is it we are so different! And yet, she is sometimes wiser than me. In my defense, I haven't been in the best frame of mind since this job.
I will be able to go out. Heck, I can date! One sucky thing is that I will still have to work every 2 weekends, so can't stay out late those Fri and Sat. But now, hopefully, I will have a more regular group of ppl to hang with and meeting more frequently is much more important to me than staying out all night.
Oh, I am so happy. I know I can't slacken on my job search; au contraire. I must always remember they can terminate me at any time (and I want to move on from this job). This next week will be a big push while I am still free during business hours.
1 comment:
Congragulations!
Post a Comment