My boss reminded me by email that I will receive a $1 less per hour because I lose the evening shift differential. It sucks that I should lose $ after (more than) putting in my time at the crappy shift, but when it comes to it, what's $35 a week to having the opportunity to see LIFE?
Need to register for a 5K walk next week. 8am race is a good start to my transition to waking up earlier. Last night my coworker asked if I wanted to go the brewhouse near work, trying to be considerate since I don't live downtown. I didn't see how that'd work given he had driven the other coworker. Then that one invited me to a keg party (I heard "cake" party and joked I hear what I want to hear). I said no, that I had been in Lynchburg and didn't want to exhaust myself. They teased me that I'm old. Yes, it was a Saturday night, but I aim to wake up before 10am this week to accomplish stuff and adjust my sleep cycle; they have no idea I will be switching. As for the "friend" who also got a better shift (twice before me in considerably less time), not sure I'll enjoy working 6 (compared to 4) hours with her. I don't want to have a grudge against her, though; helps neither of us.
I think it definitely says something that since this shift job, I sometimes confuse the verbs "work" and "live" and have said "roommates" instead of "coworkers." Ugh, no more.
Mid-day at the Y, I will do Zumba.
1 comment:
Oh, cake party would be totally awsome!
Yes, part of the not partying until 3am and getting up a 5am for weeks at a time is getting old. But it's from the wisdom you've gained in the process of getting older. You realize you need to take care of your body so you can party at the nursing home while the 30+ year old partiers have all the health issues.
Congrats on getting to see daylight on a regular basis!
Post a Comment