After getting back from my dentist apt (no cavities -YAY!- but close), I saw Annie's package to me from Paris. Inside was a paperback book of short stories (I love short stories!), delicate gold crystal earrings, and.. a Winnie the Pooh and Piglet French bday card! It's kinda funny getting such card for a belated 25th but at the same time, I think we shouldn't forget the kid in us :). For example, I bought Teddy Grahams last week. I still like the little Juicy Juice juice boxes. Food in small sizes is fun (and can be less calorific).
The last 2 days, I wasn't sure when my mom would come home with the cockatiel. I wanted to be home when Kelly saw it for the first time. This happened last night after 11pm when she was home from work. She walked in and didn't see the green blanket covering a cage on a table at first. I caught it on video :). Joey will take a while to warm up to us. It's weird having a bird with feathers on its head that stick up. Mom put him on my shoulder last night, and it's also strange having a taller bird closer to eye level.
Today I'm going to shadow a company, something I haven't done in months. The transition started yesterday.. the first coworker had her last day in our dept because she's switching to another. That should signal to me to get out of there soon! I don't want to be there at the end when we're really short-staffed, especially since I've wanted out of there for so long. But at the same time, I'm looking for a better job not within the company; it's easier for my coworkers who don't have as high standards and are fine staying with that company.
No comments:
Post a Comment