2/15/10

mid-Feb

My gosh, I had a 3-day weekend and did almost nothing for job search. What did I do? Social lunch, a little shopping, brownie making and dropping off, watching Olympics. Yday, was kinda glum. Finished watching the British comedy series, dropped my sis off at work, ran very briefly, jumped on trampoline, watched part of "The Science of Sleep" and "Down with Love." Picked up sis and went out for a friend's bday. I saw his friends who I hadn't seen in a LONG time. There's an elderly gay guy I enjoy talking to, like a father figure. Bday guy told me to mingle, so I joined a group of mainly guys.

There was an attractive Asian guy but didn't talk to him much b/c I wasn't sure if he was with a woman there. I had my one limit gin and soda and joked he should buy me a drink, which, surprisingly, he did. I told the guys I was talking to (and it was noticeable) that I unfortunately become quiet after drinking. So whatever "bubbliness" I had at the beginning went away when the alcohol set in. The cran vodka given to me (with happy V day wish) was the last thing I needed, so I took a few sips, put it down, a few more, down again. He saw I was hardly drinking it and took it to finish himself, which I'm glad of. When I got home, I thought, "I didn't thank him for the drink" (and I hate being rude, when my mom really did teach me manners), so I waited until the morning to write him on Fbook. He just wrote back, "You're welcome!" and friend requested me. Then, what do I see? He was 1,400 friends! Lordy. He has a good 6+ years on me and a lot more socialization in his time, but lordy! Must say, a turn-off.

Think tomor I'm going to wear a new short-sleeve sweater and blazer tomor to eff with management a little, make them think I'm interviewing. My dad said it's a tactic he's pulled in his career. Just don't know what pants to wear with since it's not a set..

LSAT guy wrote me at gmail, as I requested (don't want to log onto Fbook so much). He made an immature comment about the noodle place we'll go to. Def not as excited about this "date" as I would have been 3 weeks ago. Maybe he's not dating material.. maybe I should just be friendly, although that's hard when you're really attracted to the person.

No comments: