2/12/10

Olympics!

So exciting! I'm glad it's in Canada. Sometimes I find the cultural/nostalgic stories in the Olympics annoying but enjoy learning about Canada. I didn't know there is an Alert, Nunavit, just 500 miles from the northpole. It's the northernmost populated place in the world.. 5 people!

Today I went to Mekong with Scottie, a RM alumna 15 years older. I'm glad I connected to her on LinkedIn; we get along fairly well. She said her sibling is also about 7 years younger than her. We've only had lunch 2x but she asked if I might want to housesit when she goes to the beach next month. She has 2 cats who who are brats but her babies, including a half-Siamese named 'Chocolate mousse."

After lunch, I went to Kohl's to buy the lipstick a coworker told me is long-lasting. $12 is a little expensive, I think, but if it lasts... The store employee gave me samples of products since I wasn't familiar with them. She said they're made by Estee Lauder (and a lot cheaper!). I also bought a sky blue bead necklace (nice with my eyes) and a "ruby" diamond-shaped earring and necklace set. I thought, "No one's buying me jewelry for Valentine's, may as well look good and buy some for myself." I must admit, the lipstick purchase is partly in anticipation of a date.. and by golly, am I impatient. I need some communication here. I wrote 2 msgs this week to guy on Fbook, agreeing to get Vietnamese pho soup, and wanted to write today, "Can you just call or text me when you're done with the LSAT?" I talked to a friend 2 days ago about the situation, and she said men have gotten so lazy with communication. Facebook, texting. Technology is distancing..

I didn't want to seem overeager to meet him but said truthfully that my schedule this weekend and next week are flexible. I probably won't hear from him til after Valentine's. Ugh, why am I so hung up on it? I guess because I was instantly attracted to him, liked his personality, and how cool is it we share our bday. But I also feel a bit neglected that more hasn't happened. Guess I expect too much and don't have enough going on in my life. I told myself I need a new job (or shift, but preferably new job) by the time I hit 80,000 miles on my car. (at 78,300 now) I also wanted to move out by 25 but there isn't really reason until I get a more satisfactory position.

No comments: