I bought a suit today! Stylish, gray one for $80.00 at Macy's. The saleswoman, who I've seen working there before, said at the end "Here you go, little one." Also bought a peachy pink shirt with satin bow in the back for $10 at NY & Co.
Yesterday before work I went to the employment center that used to be a public library.. a little nostalgic. I remember the guinea pig they had in a cage in the kids' section. I didn't make an appointment since I figure that's more for people who have lost their job, but picked up a bunch of free booklets on different subjets, like "Making contacts" and "Informational interviews." I need to start doing some of the latter. I basically only did 1 with a R-MWC alumna last year before being offered my current job.
Thought of going to rotary club mtg yday but my friend invited me to lunch at Super King Buffet (pan-Asian food). I said goodbye to Albane, her french ex. student. They have those mtgs weekly, so I'll try to go next wk.
RSVP'd to a women's ntwking lunch. It's in between 2 counseling sessions (which are on same street, so I'll be back and forth). The 2nd counselor is free of charge with work, and hope she can provide work-related advice. I plan to take advantage of any "free" service the company gives before I leave or am given the boot.
Felt a little unmotivated after finishing my course. I have my free time back, but the task of starting networking is daunting. It can be fun, just have to be in the right mindset.
No comments:
Post a Comment