12/24/09

Christmas Eve

can't believe it's already Christmas again. In a pessimistic view, I could say this year was a waste of my 24 yr-old youth but then again, things could be worse. The main line is, I started looking for jobs 5+ months ago, but not actively enough. I guess what I dislike is the need to connect with people in order to get a job. Sure, I might make some good long-term connections but ugh, seems tedious.

Yday I rushed out the door to my apt and forgot my work badge and cell. Got to work and realized I couldn't even text my coworker to ask her to let me in. I sat a\outside then was told by someone that the official thing to do when having forgotten one's badge is to get a temporary one at the front desk, which I did. That worked out, except when I went to pee after finishing at 1am (I had had to call Japan, and we had been busy, short-handed): I forgot the badge and was locked out of the main area (my keys inside). Someone who works in another area said she didn't know me, therefore couldn't let me in, but would get a supervisor. Then the security guards saw me and asked "You work here?" Ugh, we aren't that many at night shift; so annoying. Not that I think the security guards are intelligent but I want to work at a place that is either small enough for people to recognize me or big enough where anonymity is the norm.

I said at work that I wish we could have candles on Christmas eve because that's what I associate with this day: in the past going to the midnight service where the lights are turned out at the end, and everyone sings "Silent night."

No comments: