12/30/09

Two days of 2009 left

I don't feel like doing exercises in career books I checked out. I'm at my desk in my room now. Maybe because my sis is home from school this week, too, I wanted privacy. The keyboard I had (to avoid carpal tunnel) won't connect to my laptop.

Called in sick to work because I felt nauseous earlier. I'm fine now, but since I believe I had 2 days left, why not take advantage and use the time to job search? I need to create a list of 10 target companies. Right now I'm somewhat randomly trying to link with people who are in mutual groups on Linked In. Hope I'm not being way too cas in my greetings.

** An hour later-
That sick day was probably a mistake because I (nor my mom, who encouraged me to use it) did not know that in order to receive holiday (double) pay, one must work the day before and after; so that ruined my big money :(. I also don't really like 3 days off in a row, esp. with my sister around, because I get bored. When I called in, less than 3 hrs before my shift, I felt fine; it was kind of a precaution but more "take advantage" mindset. Another thing to think about is performance reviews and therefore, raises, are issued next month. Hopefully this doesn't affect. I called my coworker who I got a job in my dept to tell her what I learned; she was in IKEA in Northern VA shopping with her friend and roomie for stuff for their apart.

So now I know 'tis better to go in feeling so-so before a scheduled holiday and leave sick then risk losing double pay.

1 comment:

DZ said...

That's a silly rule for double pay. They probably made it so, so that less people can get double pay.