3/22/10

Monday Monday

I was going to post that song by Mamas and Papas on Fbook but then thought, "That doesn't even apply to me." (Given I worked the last 4 days)
Went for (a) drink 2 nights in a row. Sat night with someone who works upstairs, Liz. I clocked out right at 12:00 (good for me, considering I had left 1am and 12:30am the nights before) but Liz was on a call. We left the building about 12:30 but my coworkers reminded me, it would have taken that much time to get downtown. I had a hibiscus French-Canadian beer meaning "God of the sky." Not bad. More expensive than I usually pay but Capital Ale house has such an extensive beer selection, and I don't go out much, I wanted to treat myself.

Last night it was my 2 coworkers and me at Bamboo (versus the usual Avalon where they tend to start with champagne). I limited myself to one Purple Haze (raspberry beer) because I had eaten lightly that night and needed to drive 20+min back. My coworker gave me directions how to get back to my friend's house but I forgot L or R at one part so turned on the GPS (which I had just put in the car yday). It told me different directions (ie, take toll hwy). It was a 25cent toll, and there was red light, but I didn't see the coin collection box. Hopefully I won't get a notice/ fine later stating, "you skipped the 25c toll;" that would suck. When I got back, I knew I wanted mozarella sticks (that I had had the night before) because I was a little hungry, and we had talked of and seen pizza at the bar. To my annoyance, the cats had peed on the carpet again! ugh. Separation anxiety, I guess.

I went home yday and had lunch with the fam. I needed to check college documents to send to a recruiter. She called this morning to say the company desires someone with more experience. darn!
So today (relatively soon), I need to go home to finish my taxes.

I spoke Chinese in my dream Sat night. Don't remember the situation but I simply asked if a guy was Korean or Chinese. I was told something I didn't understand and assumed it meant he was Cantonese. ha.

2 comments:

JediJill said...

Oh! GPS! What'd you get? Are you ging to name it?

Linsey H said...

It hadn't occurred to me to name it but I do kind of like its presence, lit up, showing me the way at night ;).
Garmin Nuvi 255