3/9/10

NoVA

I'm once again in Northern Virginia and am reminded how I have little desire to live/work up here. The traffic alone is enough to deter me. I didn't go to the job fair yesterday because it was closed after 11am (3 hrs open) due to max capacity! So I stopped in Stafford (confusing it with Surrey, famous for their peanuts) and found nothing. Then Prince William Nat'l Forest.. hiked, which was good! Then drove around a lot which wasn't cool. Ok, 3 trips to NoVA, all involving get lost.. I AM getting a GPS when I get back.

I don't know my plans tonight, it's my night off. Oh, there's salsa downtown but I don't want to see (or dance with) the guy who asked me to dinner.

My dad prepped me yday on what to tell recruiters about myself, although looking at the companies that will be present at today's fair, they don't have many international ties, it seems.

It's good to be up early (and go to bed earlier), which was only possible because I didn't work last night and was in a different house than my own. I'm so glad I chose to sleep downstairs because my friend's little girl woke up after 3am and cried for an hour apparently. I didn't hear it at all, slept very soundly :). I got to hold Caitlin (that's her name) before they left. I was amazed at my friend's ability to juggle work and a child 4 months ago, and I still am!