3/7/10

Moving on

My married best friend sent me an article from a local paper about the "quarter-life crisis." It's written by a woman who lived downtown, had a relationship, kind-of fell apart after it, and has gone to live with her parents again in her mid-20's. She sends the message that due to the economy, more and more young folks are moving back home temporarily. Last week I was surprised when a 31-yr old guy acted like it was cool I'm still living at home, that it's smart. I was happy to hear this from someone I liked. But then after realizing the guy I pursued wasn't a good match, my hope went away, and I felt "bad" again for still being stuck in this boring job and undesirable shift and living at home (even though the pursued guy is 4 yrs older and still living with his rents!).

Anyway, I was happy yesterday to get an email from a Chinese friend who travelled with me and 2 others on my birthday 2 years ago. I'm flattered he asked for my email from our mutual friend because he can't write on Facebook. He or someone chose his English name to be "Zephyr!" It was really good to hear from him.

No comments: