6/30/10

I shall believe

That song by Sheryl Crow has been in my head.

You gotta love Randy Mac alums' willingness to help out fellow alums. I feel other colleges/ universities may be the same way but a smaller college's like ours more so. That being said the Career Network on RC's website sucks. You can't search by city, just state. I had to browse through all the VA listings to find alums in Norfolk (which I had never done before, as I just recently considered a career there).

I must prepare for the interview but am procrastinating. Last night I was looking up other companies and people to contact to maximize my trip there and started to get anxious and a headache. Then I went over to my neighbors' (they're on vacation, and my sis was watching TV there) to pet their dog to help calm me down! I didn't want to get ready to go nor drive downtown to go to salsa but I forced myself. The guy I mentioned a week ago was there but I didn't enjoy his company as much, partly because I wasn't as talkative. I didn't dance as much, either.

I organized a Happy hour for the first time for tonight. Think I'll limit myself to one drink.

Didn't feel like getting up to go to Zumba today. It's really cool outside, should go for a bike ride or walk.

Yesterday a funny coworker got mad at me (not really directly) because I helped cause her to lose information (it's a common problem at work, faulty comp program). It's her fault she didn't save often. I vented this. She joked that Jesus (her name for me, since I look so biblical) stuck a knife up her ass! I'm also called Jesus (with Spanish pronunciation) and Gandhi. Well, at least we have camaraderie. My Phillipino coworker who is a hoot said in her funny voice (I think it's partly on purpose), "Who wants cookies?" Then, "This is goooood." (You have to be there) The last 2 months I enjoyed working with those two, they lighten things up. Before I left, they got a laugh over my spelling. I was in a rush and in my notes, spelled Philadelphia wrong. Also a restaurant "Buddhakan," I spelled "Buttakan."

No comments: