I saw Loni Love at the local comedy club last night (went for the first time). I enjoyed it but didn't laugh a whole lot.
I'm amused my Indian friend from high school wrote me "Hai." Wasn't sure if she meant "hey" or "hi."
I went to my grandparents' today, who I hadn't seen since Christmas. They had wanted to see me. I predicted I wouldn't have anything to say because not much positive/ exciting has been going on, and I wasn't in the highest spirits. My grandma said, "C'mon, Lins, you've had an exciting life, you've got to give us something" to which I just smiled. Being on the porch, sitting on chairs that I've sat on for 10+ years at family events, I remembered what history I have there and felt nostalgic, because when I feel things are bleak, I forget all the great things from the past.
Am going to a going-away party tonight. I should soak it up because it's prob one of few summer parties I'll go to.
An American friend in China wrote me, "Remember, the most important thing about getting what you want is to believe that it is possible now." Those are good words of advice.
I don't have plans tomorrow, which is problematic for me. I'm grateful I've had both Mother and Father's day off. I got a 50cent book at a consignment store today I can give my dad. I want to say we have it but I can give to someone else in that event.
No comments:
Post a Comment