10/17/08

Pay Day!

Received my first paycheck after 3.5 months, and it's so much better than the wages at Ukrop's and in China. Was going to cash it to set aside to pay back Dad when I get a car, but remembered my local account has a low balance; can deposit instead.
Tonight I watched "Madea's Family Reunion" with Mom. Dad went to a Chinese film at U of R, which will also show Sunday if we care to see it. I picked out "Madea" because I thought it would make her laugh, but I wasn't expecting it to be full of dark themes, as well. She said, "I like Blair Underwood, but not this character." (he played a controlling abusive fiance)
Tomorrow Kelly takes the PSAT, although she went to sleep early and probably won't want to wake up to take it. Need to buy a birthday present for Mom (next Thursday).

No comments: