I actually dislike that term but it is Wednesday. Doesn't really apply in that I'm off today. I met with a workforce counselor on the Southside of the city. Felt like a spoiled, rich girl walking in there. Most people in there are out of work and probably don't have college degrees. The guy probably doesn't usually help people in my situation. He's going to make some contacts to put me in touch with.
I am tired because it's hot and I stayed up until 1:30am talking to Sasha on Skype. I love how it sounds like the person is right there. She thinks of studying in France this fall for a year or more-- I could visit her next spring! I forgot I told my Norwegian friend I'd like to visit him on such European trip but reminded me Norway's expensive everywhere ; /. I'd really be doing Norway (or at least, Trondheim) on a shoestring! There are 3 possible people to visit in Germany. I know 1 the most. Germany doesn't hold much appeal for me but it is such a big country, and by golly, those Krauts (derogatory?) speak excellent English!
Have to prioritize: I somewhat regretted from my year in France not making it to Spain, and Germany, a little. Looking at the map, one of the friend's cities isn't too far from Amsterdam, which I've heard is a must-see. I could be there when the tulips are in bloom! But now I think I'm talking a mucho expensive budget and timeline. I want to go to Southwestern France, particularly the city Biarritz, a coastal town. From there could make my way into Spanish Basque country. I would be staying at hostels, of course, when not with friends. And cheap meals, if not, going to the grocery store and eating in a parc, weather permitting. I could meet some awesome ppl along the way. Was talking to Sasha how travelling alone opens you up to meeting ppl; in a way, you're more approachable. I think I'd want to travel in Spain with someone, however. Amsterdam, too; think it'd be safer and more fun. Sasha would be in Grenoble, which is near Geneva, which I've already seen and don't care to again. Speaking of which, I should write the woman there I know. She was so hospitable. I met her in Czech Republic on a tour to Karlsbad. Oh, we shall see. I've decided even if I have to put some of this on my credit card, it would be worth it. One must take advantage of connections before the link is weakened by time.
2 comments:
Happy Hump Day! What an inspiring post! Hope you get to travel to all the places you want to. And if you are looking for a travel buddy...you know where to find one! ;)
Post a Comment