5/2/10

I am 25!!!

I had a pretty good bday: nice weather, spent with friends and family.

I could go into detail but am tired. I ended up going out last night. Ironically, I had poured myself (and parents) a glass of champagne with a strawberry, thinking, "If I'm staying in on a Saturday night (before my birthday), I may as well have champagne." I had a sip when I realized a friend wanted to take me out for my bday, which was nice. 3 guys (her friend, his brother and friend) joined us. I wanted an apple martini but they don't make that. I don't know what I ended up getting but it wasn't strong. The guys offered me bday shots. I said anything but tequila which he didn't understand. I said I was afraid it'd make me sick so didn't take it. Just as well. I got less than 6 hrs of sleep and was running late in my picnic preparation.

My grandma thought I was turning 26. I hope some things will be more (positively) advanced by then, like career path and a relationship.

I got my "China fix" today at "Arts in the Park". Talked to a painter from Hong Kong and bought a print to give a friend for her bday. Bought a photo from a guy who lives in China most of the time (his wife is Chinese). I didn't write down the name of the place where the photo is taken but it's a southern province that I didn't go to, maybe Yunnan.

No comments: