I like that I get greetings from people in China before others due to the time difference. One was from this kid I never met.. I think he had seen me on myhappyplanet.com and contacted me on Skype. He's closer to my sister's age than mine. I like looking at his travel photos (in China). Another Chinese friend emailed me with the photo taken of me 2 years ago at Yellow Mtn (where "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" was filmed). I had cake for breakfast, a little one with purple icing. They asked the restaurant for a knife to cut with, and I was handed a chopping knife. So it's kinda scary, me wielding the knife. haha.
For some reason, I thought of Hohhot in Inner Mongolia today at work when I had finished most of my tasks. A Google image search produced one of a camel, which I thought of emailing as a random photo to my coworker, adding "This (of all photos) reminds me I need adventure in my life again."
Took a bike ride this evening. Was cutting it close in terms of it getting dark.
My first Saturday night free (I have Sunday morning off, unlike my schedule every other week from now on), and I am without plans. It's annoying to come up with people to contact who might have something going on.. there I go complaining. At least I make the effort, am persistent, right? :) That's my new word for my job search now that one significant part of my job is improved: persistence.
I feel so lucky right now that the evening shift is behind me. If fired, so be it. I will make do with lower-paying temp job if needed and buy a health insurance plan with a Health savings account (I know my options now after meeting w/ a professional).
There are amusing moments at work. Yesterday I was called a "womanizer" by my somewhat flamboyant male coworker. (Believe me, he's confused words worse) This was a result of him trying to jokingly insult me because I ran out of time to help him on something. Then today my older, raunchy South Asian coworker was introduced to Easy Mac thanks to me offering it. She said, "When my husband gets back from his month of work in Asia, this is what I will make him."
No comments:
Post a Comment