9/18/08

letter and Steve Martin dvd

Title refers to today's mail, which just came. I sealed a letter to a friend in China and got out there just as the mailman came. He's a friendly guy, wanted to know how job search was. He went to Quebec City a while ago.
Laptop not broken after all :). It was the CD-rom drive that tends to pop up.
Wanted to take a bath but there are lots of paint boxes in the tub.
Looked at cars on Craigslist. Would be ideal to get one before I start training.
Last night talked to Gramma and Papa. After Mom handed the phone to me, she asked as an after thought, "How does he like Palin?" I wish she would have asked, so I didn't have to hear from him that she's a "smart woman," "our next VP," and that he's voting Republican all the way. ugh. I didn't think about politics much in high school, but it nearly broke my heart (not really) when I learned my closer grandparents are conservative (knew my dad's parents definitely were).
Had somewhat nightmare this morning. Something about people misunderstanding me, involving my cell phone, and I joined a cult! Also a friend from high school was going to meet me in 5 minutes, she wrote in her email, but I couldn't. Woke up at 9:30 but slept more til almost 11:30.

No comments: