9/9/08

WiFI

Today is a historic day--- we have high-speed internet chez moi! I can look at youtube and tv5 French news again, look at people's photos..
This morning I went to the company for the French evaluation. They had given me 4 questions they'd ask, which I prepared last night, but two of those were changed when I got there today; fortunately, they were the ones I didn't like as much. The new ?s asked the favorite gift I've received and a concert I went to recently and enjoyed. For the first, I could only come up with my college ring, which I don't really think of as a gift, but it was on my mind because I lost it on family vacation a month ago. I wasn't sure of the gender of "ring," second-guessed. As for concerts, I said I don't go often, but a few years ago I really enjoyed the quebecois group "Le vent du Nord" (whose name I couldn't remember but managed to before next ?). Hope it didn't seem I was sucking up, since it was a quebecois guy I was talking to on the phone. I should have asked, I didn't know how it'd be set up. I was a little intimidated having 3 people listen and watch me. I probably didn't come off too confident.
Today I went jogging, this time going up the hill. (I'll go one street more each time) Then I did exercise dvds since Dad found the dvd remote yesterday (hallelujah!).
On my way into Target tonight saw my 5th grade teacher coming out. I had seen her past summers when I worked at Ukrop's. She has a slipper on one foot, hasn't taught since January. I suggested we exchange email since I won't see her at Ukrop's anymore!

No comments: