So I'm pretty happy I got the job offer this morning. I'm not superstitious, but when the phone rang, and I looked at the clock, it was 9:11.
I asked for $1 more, but I'd be happy with what they offered; it's more than normal customer service wage. I was amused my mom's first concern when she heard it's 4-midnight shift was my love life. I'm not concerned about it right now, just need a job! I worried they'd retract the offer if I asked for too much more, but I was, as someone put it, "screwed royally," in my pay in China. I also thought, when bargaining with a vendor in China, he jacks up the price, but you ask for 1/3 of that, because that's (possibly) what it's really worth. Negotiation is all a game. I didn't like bargaining in China but can have an appreciation for it.
The weather is cool today: love it! Reading Sylvia Plath's college years journals.
No comments:
Post a Comment