1/28/10

Chinese Wal-mart, munchies, etc

Last night my goofy (only male since other was off) coworker said he was looking at French Wal-mart online for work. This prompted me to check out Wal-mart China which had a fun page since it's soon the year of the Tiger. I enjoyed looking at the "circulars," of many products I saw in supermarkets, like the lovely Lipton Bubble tea. I sent to a few female coworkers, actually ones with bfs, a screen shot of the ad for red men's underwear writing "Because you know he'd look cute in red boxers or briefs." Chinese New year starts Valentine's Day.. year of the tiger.

I want a dog so badly. I would take any medium-sized to small dog (big ones are smelly) but Schnauzers are ideal because they're what I know, are really cute, and don't shed. The dog we had til age 5 was a Schnauzer/poodle mix though didn't really look like it. He was "blond and brown;" really cute.

My dad said I'm making good progress on my job search, which is nice to hear, even if I'm not progressing as much as I'd like. I had a lunch date a week ago with a potential recruiter and haven't had another event in that time.. goes by quickly when working full-time.

I'm rather silly. You'd think I'd know by now, going on 25. I said to coworkers (handful of women and a bi guy) I suddenly wanted kung pao chicken, and that I've been craving things, like last night diet root beer and a jelly donut. Then I realized, well, duh, I started my period. When I said to my closest coworker sometimes craving things shows a lack in your diet, she joked "Lacking jelly?"

As to this coworker, who introduced me to cute guy, well, I had given her benefit of the doubt that she indeed passed on my # (and therefore, I wondered, even if he's busy studying/working, why hasn't he called?!) I told some people I hadn't heard, and they thought I could contact him. I explained I didn't have his #. And the reason she didn't offer it is that she herself didn't have it.. only her bf does. What rather annoys me is that her bf said to her (who said to me) how his friend seemed to really like me.. and yet he didn't pass on the goddamn # so we could make contact! Urgh. They went to Vegas for a long weekend but still, they're always texting/Twittering. A bit inconsiderate. A friend/coworker thinks still, some time has passed since we met (over 2 weeks), and the longer the time, the less the spark or at least remembering. But I feel this guy is somewhat introverted and doesn't meet a lot of chicks. That's just my hopeful thought. I do, however, agree that to be "pleasantly surprised" is better than being disappointed.

No comments: