My connections are growing on LinkedIn.. up to 80. I want around 150.
I arranged to meet with a recruiter. His profile said he works for my dad's bank but then he replied with another work email, so I think he's a contractor. Since I'm available during lunch, we will meet next week. It's a little scary. I realize I'm a little afraid of men.. I've been connecting to women because they're less intimidating! Need to get over this.
Meanwhile, I need to print another business card because I don't like my current one. The design isn't professional, and my friend who ordered them decided to change a bit of the wording; English isn't her first lang.
I had my first translation call last night. It was a Belgian guy whose luggage had been lost. He told me the story for about 7 min, and then I asked my colleague (in other dept) what she needed. I'll know to cut to the point in the future because she needed to know first of all whether he was covered, for her to help him. It was refreshing to speak French with a European versus a Canadian. I spoke to a (married) American guy Saturday, who was probably a tool but sounded hot. Sometimes the combination of sounding like they're right at the receiver (I don't mean heavy breathing) and a nice masculine voice is just mmm. That sounds so wrong, lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment