1/27/10

Spelling bee almost-champion

I was runner-up (2nd place) in the spelling bee at the bar last night! I didn't know how to spell this word: glockenspiel. I thought maybe it started "gloughen..." If I had won, the prize is a case of cheap beer, which I don't like nor would have use for since I live with my parents.

Funny thing at the bar last night: even though I don't "go out" a lot, I saw a few people I recognized there. It depends what kind of bar and people, but in general, I feel I would see familiar people if I went out more. It shows Richmond is somewhat small, but I think I like it.

Going out with coworkers has its benefits. I learned some info that seems hopeful that I could be moved to an earlier shift; however, this may not in fact be management's agenda or it could take a long time, so I should bust my ass all the more to get a better job. I said to my friend/coworker before going home last night that I definitely want a better shift/job by the summer. By the spring, of course, but ultimately the summer. Somewhat like I don't still want to be living with my parents at age 25 (soon approaching!), I'm telling myself I simply won't tolerate another summer like last because it was crap. Never again. Summer is supposed to be a time of fun, carefreeness (yeah, made it up) in the evenings, hanging with friends but I was stuck attached to a headset in a cold office building, lonely. (Should I get out my violin? lol)

No comments: