1/31/10

Snowed In

I made an apt at 11:30 (nothing serious) for tomor; hope I'll be able to get out of the cul-de-sac.

I got into a crappy mood last night when I realized the loads of strangers I had invited to connect to weren't all accepting my invites, which is legit, because I don't actually know them nor will probably meet them. I get a msg now when I try to connect to new people that I've almost reached my limit and would need to have people's email addresses in the future in order to connect! Hopefully there is a time factor and that could go away. So this realization reinforced the thought that my job searching is haphazardous .. I was trying to connect to a bunch of people with the mindset that "it's who you know." Then I reread my blog from 3 days ago and remember Dad thought I was doing well job search-wise (but the connections aren't working out as well as he thought). I told him how this week I was tired at work; this isn't uncommon but seemed more so this week. Possible the guy situation influenced that because I was so happy to meet him initially and thought some things would "start rolling" in my life and then standstill and not knowing if anything will result.

Being snowed in with my family who irritates me didn't help. I've got to learn to keep positive and not let their "lack of" bother me. My sister was talking on the phone with her friend at midnight and laughing loudly in the family room, which is under my parents' bedroom (one parent was still awake). She annoys me with her lack of consideration for family members. Since I started it, might as well go into other things that bothered me yday. My dad told me that he's handling my sis' laziness, to not write her notes. I don't like writing notes but she pisses me off when she doesn't clean our common space. I wanted to say to him that yes, he is the patriach, but if he could see it from my point of view, that she's being inconsiderate and disrespectful to her sister 7 years her elder. But then, I take things too seriously lately and seem to have a chip on my shoulder but in fact, they aren't worth stressing over.

Which leads to the last thing that came into factor yday, and it's going to really sound like the violin now, but I want my checking account to be higher! It was at a nice level a few months ago but that was before I paid for the laptop and tried to consolidate my car loans to pay them off faster. It's hard to feel optimistic about hopefully moving out soon when my account isn't where I'd like it to be. I did increase my college loan payment, which is good, and finally started a savings again.. this will be my France fund because I know I won't be able to go there this year. Where do the Swiss get their money? I talked to Viviane yday online, who I hadn't heard from in ages, and she wrote she and her friends are planning another trip to NYC in August!

No comments: